What’s New in AAC?March 27, 2023
NEW AssistiveWare Apps!
Proloquo and Proloquo Coach
- More motor planning, color orientation, subscription based and free companion app
- Can go on an ipad and iphone
- Monthly $9.99, annually $99.99, proloquo license (extra trial month in april for ASD acceptance month)
- Learn more here
NEW Speak For Yourself Changes and Features Coming Soon!
Speak For Yourself has a new overlay coming soon!
- The new update will also include many updated features including updated visuals (No more YouTube for “You”!)
- LA-AEM has converted this new overlay on lowtech support such as a 8×11 core board, lanyard, removable core board, and poster size (These are available upon request)
- Request yours here
CoughDrop has joined Forbes AAC
- Practitioners can access boards on ANY tablet, PC or smartphone for free
- Fill out a request form to receive a full training of CoughDrop and get access to the premium content
- You can find the form and more information here
TD Snap Motor Plan Page Set
- Access words in three navigations or less
- Two grid sizes available: Motor Plan 30 and 66
- Available in updated TD Snap
- Learn more here
Download Grid 3!
- Download Grid 3 on your laptop and for ipad with an Evaluator License Request
- Requests are accepted from certified Speech Language Pathologists, AT specialists, other AAC clinicians, and students studying speech language pathology or occupational therapy
- Find the evaluator license request here
AAC News from ASHA
Communication Bill of Rights
- ASHA is currently updating the Communication Bill of Rights, date to be released is TBA
- Find the current Communication Bill of Rights here
- American Board of Augmentative Alternative Communication Specialty Certification
- New ASHA clinical specialty area
- Learn more about applying for this certification here
- Read about other clinical specialty areas here
Not so new, but did you know?
Tarheel SHARED Reader
- Emphasizes shared reading will appear in the book
- Can insert core/fringe words of choice
- Words will appear in the book and can prompt and model sentences
- Start creating and finding books here
- Free app called Pathways for Core First
- Free learning guide with a suite of supporting digital and printable materials including core vocabulary lesson plans and goals to address AAC competencies
- Available online at Pathways for Core First Online
- Learn more about the app here
- Find Pathways for Core First Online
Another Core Word of the Week Resource!
- A lot of us are pretty familiar with Core Word Classroom by Assistiveware
- Here is another resource: CORE WORD CURRICULUM
- Search for your core word, then find visuals, songs, shared book reading, slides prompting for predictable chart writing all with the core word of the week
- Find Core Word Curriculum here
Create a Whiteboard in Touch Chat!
- Create a whiteboard in Touch Chat by Saltillo
- Can be used for drawing, collaborating, and sharing
- Create a whiteboard page by creating a new page that has a single button and select the whiteboard button action
- Find the steps to create a whiteboard button in Touch Chat here