Assistive Technology Loan Program
We provide assistive technology device loans, one-to-one consultations and technical assistance to support school systems with student specific needs in increasing accessibility of high-quality instruction and educational materials.
With a range of assistive technology to support a diverse group of learners, including:
- Text-to-speech software for reading accessibility
- Speech-to-text software for improved written communication
- Universally designed toys for playtime accessibility and inclusion
- Communication devices for communication freedom
- Computer access adaptations for independence
- Talking calculators for improved independence with math
**Our Service Is Only Available To Louisiana Schools or Certain Agencies Working with Students with a Special Need**
Common requests that we cannot accommodate:
- iPads/Computers for individual/group instruction, distance learning or any use not tied to the assistive technology needs of a student with a disability.
- Our program does not supply educational technology, general purpose technology or devices to facilitate regular classroom instruction or enrichment.
- We do not purchase technology based on a request for a loan. (Requests for items not in our lending library are considered and this information is used to guide future purchase decisions.)